Sunday, 25 June 2017

WIND CHIMES, AAAARGH



I feel as though I am living in a Buddhist retreat.
The neighbours on each side of us have installed wind chimes.
Bamboo to the left and tubular to the right.
As it is very, very windy here at the moment we are having to close all of the windows to stop the continual clonking on one side and ringing on the other from invading our home.
The tubular one's sound like someone running a wet finger around the rim of a glass and the clonky one's sound like nothing on earth.

Some say that they bring peace and harmony but I can tell you they are doing nothing of the sort here.
I could approach the neighbours but one lot are tetchy and the others have only just moved in and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with them.
So the windows will remain closed until the wind dies down.


10 comments:

  1. I've always liked the sound of windchimes but I can see how two different kinds going non stop could drive you crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pain...Entirely too much noise pollution these days. I hope you're doing well otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is a problem. Well, you are being very patient and gentle. I think people just don't think how they can bother someone who is nearby. And in fact, I don't think people should hang them unless they live a good distance from their neighbor. Our very close neighbor had wind chimes for awhile. They would wake me up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they drive me nuts, bob hung two of those silver ones in your photo on our eves and I complained. one day the phone rang and a neighbor behind us said, I am your back yard neighbor and your wind chimes are driving me nuts. I said thank you we will take the down now. I would have to say something I think. if I could think of a nice way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit to having one set outside the shedudio. Which is a very gentle sound. Two inside one a clunk and one another gentle sound from shells. No neighbours so no-one to upset. I would suggest a visit, while they are away hopefully getting you a drink get the scissors out of your bag......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have often though about some wind chimes but as you say when very windy they are agravating especially as you have them either side of you. In this hot weather we have problems with a neighbour 2 doors down living in a caravan illegally who plays very loud music hopefully he will be removed soon as could not hear my own music tv etc. Neighbours 2 doors down on the other side tried to block it out with their music so was stuck in the middle like you with the wind chimes I know how you felt

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awful. You could always buy one of your own and put it up on very windy days just to add to the noise and wait and see what happens, you don't have to leave it up, but just to see if they take the hint that they are too noisy

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I so agree with you, they are dreadful things! SueM

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have my sympathy, I'm not fond of wind chimes. And listening to someone else's is really not on. I agree with Ginny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have wind chimes. My husband takes them down every time it is windy so the neighbors (and me) can get a good night's rest. It is a pain.

    ReplyDelete